A school bus is a type of bus owned, leased, contracted to, or operated by a school or school district and regularly used to transport students to and from school or school-related activities, but not including a charter bus or transit bus. School Bus
School Bus in Sharjah
Sharjah is one of the biggest , historical and advanced city in the UAE. Sharjah , like Dubai, has developed in all aspects of life including education. School bus in Sharjah is not mandatory to be yellow in color but very much important to be in good condition and having all the safety measures for the kids.
School Bus Rental Rates
school bus is undoubtedly the most convenient means of student transportation. But unfortunately, there are a number of safety issues faced by students travelling by school vehicles. Hence, there are a number of laws in place for ensuring safety.
The Road and Transport Authority (RTA) summarized the benefits of these laws as providing comfort, security and safety for students and parents alike. These benefits include reaching schools on time, reducing pollution emission resulting from vehicle exhausts and reducing traffic jams.
The Road and Transport Authority (RTA) – Sharjah / Ajman or Dubai.
Roads and Transport Authority has provided the following control measures to schools, parents and transport operators.
1) Window tinting of school buses shall not exceed 30%, with the possibility of opening the window up to 10 cm only, whether from top or
sideways; curtains are forbidden.
2) Maximum speed of the school bus shall not exceed 80/kph, with a speed control device installed conforming to the specifications and conditions specified by the Emirates Authority for Standardization & Metrology
Specifications of Bus Exterior:
- The color of the bus shall be yellow, grade (RAL 1018 Zink Gelb GL841) without overlapping of any other color, unless the manufacturer cannot paint certain parts of the bus (i.e. the parts made of non-metallic material such as the front bumper etc) the color of such parts shall be black.
- The phrase «School Bus» shall be written in black in Arabic and English, with a font size of no less than 80 inch (20 cm) in height. It shall be written between the upper hazard lights or at the uppermost part on the front and rear sides of the bus, and in the middle of both sides of the bus.
- The size of the phrase «School Bus», together with the name of the operator or any other third party, shall not exceed 1500 square cm.
- The school bus shall be fitted with an Electronic Stop Rod on the exterior side, directly behind the driver’s door so that the word «Stop» is displayed outwards electronically, with two red lights flashing when the bus stops.
- The bus must be fitted with light indicators system as follows:
a) Dual red light indicator on the uppermost part of the front/ rear sides of the bus.
b) Dual yellow light indicator on the uppermost part of the front/rear sides of the bus.
c) All light indicators shall start giving alerting indicators when the bus stops.
- All buses shall place the “School Bus” sign on the right front side and the left rear side of the bus. The sign should be made of a reflective material, and measure 25 × 25 cm for large-size buses, and 17 × 17 cm for mini-buses.
- Window tinting of school buses shall not exceed 30%, and the window can be opened up to 10 cm maximum, whether from top or sideways; curtains are forbidden.
- It is strictly prohibited to place bars on windows internally or externally.
- The bus number shall be written on the uppermost side of the right side of the bus rear side and the left of its rear side.
- The mirrors system shall show all sides of the bus.
Specifications of seats and bus interior;
- The number of seats specified by the manufacturing company must be adhered to, and no collapsible middle seats are to be used.
- The side hand rests; ashtrays, arm support, and any other solid materials must be removed from the back side of seats.
- Each school bus must be fitted with a cooling system adjusted to operating at a temperature not exceeding 24 degrees Celsius.
- There must be a compartment for bags, provided that it neither obstructs students› movement nor falls on students in cases of sudden stop, accidents or during the normal bus movement.
- The two doors of the bus must be fitted with hand rails to assist the boarding process.
- The floor of the bus isle must be covered by inflammable and non-slippery rubber.
- The door opening and closing mechanism must be controlled by the driver, and electronic control is preferred.
- Wadi Swat Passengers Buses Transport is a registered Bus Rental Company and its bus rental rates are approved by many GOVT authorities even.
- School Bus in Sharjah is registered with Sharjah Education Council and Ministry of education.