Most carpets are cleaned during the spring and summer seasons. Like any other job, cleaning of carpets require the right tools. Check out the various essentials that Haywards Heath carpet cleaners use to keep dirt and stains at bay.
Products for killing germs
These are basic products you have already come across as you shop in the supermarkets.
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Lemon juice
- Rubbing alcohol
Household products that may be used for carpet cleaning
- Multi-purpose cleaner
- Automatic dishwasher detergent
- Laundry detergent
- Bathroom cleaner
- Hand-wash dishwasher detergent
- Fabric softener
- All-fabric bleach
- Chlorine bleach
Dryer sheets may be used to eliminate stinking spots. However, the sheets shouldn’t be used to clean because they might leave behind some residues when rubbed against a dirty surface. Note that stains are pre-treated using liquid detergents to make work easier. Otherwise, a carpet stain remover suffices.
Upholstery cleaning tools
- Furniture polish
- Stainless steel cleaner
Particular furniture pieces are fragile and need special cleaning agents. Here are some guidelines for different types of furniture and household materials.
- Leather furniture: Here are the products which should be avoided because they can damage the color of leather furniture- saddle soap, alcohol-based cleaners, and furniture polish.
- Wood furniture: To remove stains from wooden furniture, ark remover may be used
- Brass furniture: A mixture of lemon juice or white vinegar plus salt is good. After rubbing the stained surface with the mixture, thorough rinsing and drying with a clean cloth should follow
- Silver dinnerware: silver polish is the best. But toothpaste may be used so long as it doesn’t have whiteners and tartar. The silver surface is dampened and toothpaste applied on the dirty spot with fingers, followed by thorough rinsing and drying.
- Marble surfaces: No solution with lemon or acidic cleaner can be used on marble as it will eat away the surface.
- Grill: A solution of sudsy ammonia is good for fighting grime. However, there are specific cleaners for grills and oven racks and they are equally important. to clean the grill with the ammonia solution, a sponge or mop is dipped into the solution and then used to wipe the dirty area. Rinsing is a must.
Other tools for DIY carpet cleaning
Always keep in mind that the best way to clean your carpets is through professional carpet cleaning Haywards. But when you are feeling a little handy, make use of the following tools:
- Full vacuum or handheld-vacuum
- Microfiber cloth
- Soft rags
- Wet Mop
- Hand Broom
- Rubber gloves
- Cookware scrubbers
- Spray bottles
- Paper towels
- Scrub brush
Before you buy a carpet cleaning machine, be sure to how it works and ask the experts which one is the best on the market.